What Personal Data may we collect
The personal data we collect will depend upon why we need collect it, and your relationship with us. Examples of personal data we may collect are highlighted below. Please note that this list is not exhaustive.
- Name, address and telephone number.
- NRIC number, passport number, identification number given to you by your country of birth and work permit number.
- Date of birth, gender, nationality, age, occupation and country of residence.
- Medical records and information in relation to your health or any medical conditions you may have.
- Source of wealth where required.
The Purpose of collecting your Personal Data
We may collect, use, process and disclose your personal data which is reasonably appropriate for the following purposes:
- Process your application for insurance, including the carrying out of any necessary due diligence and determining whether to provide you with insurance.
- Handle, process and investigate any claims you may submit under a policy of insurance held with us or held with another insurer where we act as a reinsurer or are a participating insurer under a policy issued by another insurer.
- Investigate potential fraud in relation to an application for insurance, or claim you make or is made on your behalf.
- Comply with all applicable laws in relation to the management of your relationship with us.
- Comply with an order of the court or direction of a regulatory or industry authority – including, but not limited to the reporting, compliance and auditing obligations set by regulatory and industry associations, including but not limited to the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
- Provide you with information in relation to products and services.
- Arrange reinsurance.
- Responding to enquiries raised by you and administering, servicing, maintaining and/or managing your relationship with us, including the mailing of correspondence, statements, invoices, reports and notices to you and communicating with you via voice call, text message, fax and email.
- Managing any actions or proceedings, protecting or enforcing our contractual and legal rights and remedies arising out of the policy(ies) issued by us, or under a policy which we reinsure or are a participating insurer (including but not limited to obtaining legal advice and facilitating dispute resolution.
- Conducting compliance monitoring and audit reviews by us and our related corporations, or service providers, including but not limited to external auditors, banks and reinsurers.
- Carrying out on-going due diligence or screening activities - including background due diligence for the purposes of anti-money laundering and “know-your-client” checks. Undertaking investigations in relation to your creditworthiness, financial and medical conditions and to review whether to continue insuring you.
- Performing transactions under your policy(ies) held with us, including making and obtaining payments.
- The storage, hosting, or backing up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) of your personal data, whether within or outside Singapore.
- Transferring, acquisition or sales, merger, joint venture, reorganisation or an assignment involving us, our related corporations and/or related third parties;
- Conducting market research, survey, statistical and profiling analysis.
- Employee training and quality assurance programs.
- Any other purposes relating to any of the above,
(collectively, the “Purposes”)
To facilitate our business operations and carry out one or more of the Purposes detailed at “The purpose of collecting your Personal Data” above, we may disclose your personal data to third parties whether located in or outside Singapore. These include:
- Our associated and related corporations (collectively, “Group Companies”);
- Financial advisers, brokers, agents or distribution intermediaries;
- Contractors or service providers who supply services to us, such as information technology, telecommunication, actuarial, data entry, data storage, data recovery, mail distribution, claim assessment, adjudication and administration, payment, cheque printing, marketing, emergency assistance services, auditors, lawyers, medical and professional services; credit reference agencies, debt collection agencies, reinsurers, other insurers and financial institutions.
- Governmental / regulatory authorities, courts, dispute resolution forums (which have jurisdiction over us or our Group Companies) or legal process participants and their advisor.
If you submit your personal data to us, or such information is submitted to us through another source (including another insurer, broker, insurance agent, medical or financial institution), whether in writing or orally us , you agree and consent that we may:
- Collect, use and process your personal data provided to us, or which is publicly available, for the Purposes detailed at “The purpose of collecting your Personal Data” above.
- Disclose your personal data to the third parties (whether located in or outside Singapore), in order to carry out one or more of the Purposes detailed at “The purpose of collecting your Personal Data” above.
If you provide to us the personal data of a third party, you represent and warrant to us that the prior consent of that third party has been obtained for the collection, disclosure, use and processing of their personal data in the manner as set out above.
If you consent to us collecting, using, processing and disclosing your personal data for the purpose of marketing, advertising and providing promotional information or material about insurance products, financial or investment products or services that we consider may be of interest or benefit to you (“Marketing Materials”), please click here to print and submit the completed marketing consent form to our office. Our contact details are available at Contact Us. If you wish to withdraw your consent for marketing purpose, please Contact Us to do so.