If you communicate with Zurich Insurance, submit any information or applications and/or sign up for any products or services offered by Zurich Insurance, you agree and consent that Zurich Insurance may:
- collect, use, process and disclose the personal data provided and to be provided by you (whether in writing or oral) and through other sources (including other insurers, medical and financial institutions) as Zurich Insurance deem appropriate from time to time; and
- disclose the personal data to the third parties (whether sited in or outside Singapore),
in carrying out one or more of the purposes and in the manner set forth in this Policy.
If you provide third parties’ personal data (e.g. information of the life assureds, insured persons, beneficiaries, beneficial owners, dependents, spouse, children, parents, siblings, customers, prospects, payors and/or employees) to Zurich Insurance, you represent and warrant to Zurich Insurance that prior consents have been obtained from each of the third parties for the collection, usage, disclosure and processing of their personal data in the manner as set out in this Policy.
Purposes for Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
If you consent or agree, Zurich Insurance may collect, use, process and disclose your personal data for the purpose of sending or communicating with you the marketing, advertising and promotional information or material about the insurance products, financial or investment products or services that Zurich Insurance are or may be selling or marketing which may be of interest or benefit to you, including the update of the same (“Marketing Materials”).
If you would like to receive the Marketing Materials from Zurich, please click here to print and submit the completed marketing consent form to our representative. Our contact details are available at Contact Us. If you wish to withdraw your consent for marketing purpose, please Contact Us to do so.
Administration and Servicing
Zurich Insurance collect, use, disclose and process your personal data for any one or more of the purposes below:
- providing financial advice or recommendation for product(s) based on your financial needs analysis, where applicable;
- processing, considering and underwriting your insurance application(s) whether with Zurich Insurance and/or other insurers;
- reinsuring arrangement and management;
- administering, servicing (including pre- and post- sales support), maintaining and/or managing your relationship and policy(ies) with Zurich Insurance (including the mailing of correspondences, statements, invoices, reports and notices to you involving the disclosure of your personal data printed on the external envelope and communicating with you via voice call, text message, fax and email);
- processing, investigating, handling and settling any claims under your policy(ies) issued by Zurich Insurance or other insurers;
managing any actions or proceedings, protecting or enforcing our contractual and legal rights and remedies arising out of the policy(ies) issued by Zurich Insurance (including but not limited to obtaining legal advices and facilitating dispute resolutions);
- carrying out on-going due diligences or screening activities [including background checks, anti-money laundering, “know-your-client”, creditworthiness, financial and medical conditions and to review whether to continue insuring you, the life assured(s) and/or the insured person(s)] in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory obligations or Zurich Insurance’s policies;
- carrying out your instructions, dealing with your complaints, responding to your enquiries or feedbacks;
- performing the operations and transactions under your policy(ies) with Zurich Insurance including the debt recovery, making and obtaining payments;
- detecting, preventing or investigating fraud, misconduct, unlawful action or omission relating to your application(s), claim(s) or policy(ies) issued by us or other insurer(s), and whether there is any suspicion of the aforementioned;
- storing, hosting, backing up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) of your personal data, whether within or outside Singapore;
- complying with the requests or directions of the industry associations, authorities, courts, dispute resolution forums, applicable legal and/or regulatory obligations which bind or have jurisdictions over Zurich Insurance and/or its related corporations in administering your relationship with Zurich Insurance (including the regulatory and industry associations reporting obligations);
- conducting compliance monitoring and audit reviews by Zurich Insurance, its related corporations or service providers, including but not limited to external auditors, banks and reinsurers;
- facilitating the proposed or actual business asset transactions including any asset transferring, acquisition or sales, merger, joint venture, reorganisation or assignment involving Zurich Insurance, its related corporations and/or third parties;
- conducting market research, survey, statistical and profiling analysis to understand market trend to improve our services and products for your, other clients and prospects’ benefit;
- employee training and quality assurance program;
- informing or engaging you for our charity or corporate events; and/or
- any other purposes relating to any of the above,
(collectively, the “Purposes”).
As the purposes for which we may / will collect, use, disclose and process your personal data depend on the circumstances at hand, such purpose may not appear above. However, we will notify you of such other purpose at the time of obtaining your consent, unless processing of your personal data without your consent is permitted by the PDPA or law.
Any other insurers may / can collect from us (and that we may disclose to them), use, disclose (including disclose to us) and/or process your personal data for one or more of the above Purposes.
To facilitate our business operations and carry out one or more of the Purposes, Zurich Insurance may disclose the personal data you have provided to us and/or collected by us to third parties whether sited in or outside Singapore. The third parties listed below may use and process your personal data for one or more of the Purposes. They are:
- our associated and related corporations (collectively, “Group Companies”);
- the financial advisers, brokers, agents or distribution intermediaries;
- contractors or service providers who supply services to Zurich Insurance such as information technology, telecommunication, actuarial, data entry, data storage, data recovery, mail distribution, claim assessment, adjudication and administration, payment, cheque printing, marketing, emergency assistance service, auditors, lawyers, medical and professional service;
- credit reference agencies, debt collection agencies, reinsurers, other insurers and financial institutions;
- governmental / regulatory authorities, courts, dispute resolution forums (which have jurisdiction over Zurich Insurance or Group Companies) or legal process participants and their advisors;
- any third parties involve or facilitate in business asset transactions (please see (n) under the heading of Administration and Servicing); and/or
- third parties who receive your personal data for one or more of the Purposes.